Slide text from Accessible Twitter Update, CSUN11 Tweetup
[Presentation on Slideshare]
[Presentation on Google Docs]
March 17, 2011. Presented at the CSUN Tweetup.
Slide 1: What am I?
- Accessible Twitter is a web-based Twitter app.
- Easy to use.
- Web accessible.
- Interoperable: multi-browser, device, platform, etc.
Continuous application updates.
- Replaced Basic Authentication sign in process with Open Authentication.
- Growing Pains!
- August 2010.
- The Twitter "native" retweet functionality added.
- The original "old-school" re-tweet functionality is now called Quote Tweet.
- Option to view user Timeline added in Go to User shortcut feature.
- Now hidden visually by default and opened with "Go to User" link.
- Added "Retweets by Me" and "Retweets of Me" pages.
- Basic functionality.
- Links on the My Profile page.
- Link to "View Single Tweet" page changed from "permanent link" to date of tweet.
- In "View Single Tweet" page, a link to the tweet on Twitter.com is now provided.
- "Everyone" page now called "Public Timeline" (abbreviated at "Public").
Slide 8: Now the fun stuff.
Picture of kitten laying upside down.
Picture of six cats on a roller coaster.
Presented session "Twitter and Web Accessibility" at the Easter Seals Crossroads INDATA Conference.
- Indianapolis, Indiana.
- July 29, 2010.
@Alyssa_Milano tweets me!
- September 5, 2010.
- Currently 1.44 million followers.
Nominee in "Best API Use" category in the 2010 .net Magazine's Best of the Web awards.
- October-November, 2010.
- Winner: Flipboard for iPad.
Funny picture of Accessible Twitter logo with fangs and horns painted on in red.
Session proposal accepted at ATIA 2011 Orlando (January), but couldn't make it.
Apparently I was listed in the program by mistake and disappointed a few folks!
Maybe next year...
Added to share options on WebAIM's URL shortening service.
In addition to Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed.
Recipient of the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) 2011 Access Award.
- Announced February 15, 2011.
- Other recipients are CBS, Lexmark, and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Irony: Class-action lawsuit against Disney for inaccessible websites around same time.
- Web Axe on AFB 2011 Access Awards.
Slide 17: Future
- Re-implement functionality to add image to tweet.
- Enhance List functionality with Ajax.
- Inline notice and update of new tweets.
- Add optional URL shortener services.
- Reply-to-all feature.
Slide 18: Future
Slide 19: Thank you!
© Copyright 2005-2012 Web Axe, Dennis Lembree, Web Overhauls